The tattoo healing process can be extensive lasting anywhere from a few weeks, to a few months. Even if the upper skin layer seems to have healed, the underlying layers take a lot more time than you would expect. One of the essential products that is often used to help boost the tattoo healing process is a tattoo ointment.
Yes! A tattoo ointment has a very important role to play when it comes to healing. In today’s blog we’re going to explain the many ways in which your freshly tattooed skin can benefit when you apply an ointment.
Benefits of Using a Tattoo Ointment
First things first, take a look at the top benefits you can enjoy by using tattoo ointment cream -
- Tattoo ointment helps to keep the skin moisturized for most of the day. Since you cannot expose the tattoo to water for at least the first two weeks after getting inked, the skin around the tattoo will become very dry. If your skin gets too dry, then it can lead to itchiness and redness as well. That is why using a tattoo ointment aftercare cream can help the skin to remain moisturized and active at all times.
- A tattoo ointment plays an important role to prevent the tattoo from coming across any infection. Since the tattoo is an open wound, there is always a risk of it getting infected if you are not careful. The ingredients in a good quality tattoo cream help to eliminate any pollutants that can infect the tattoo. So, your tattoo remains safe at all times.
- Using tattoo ointment cream helps to get relief from itchiness and redness. Many people have to face serious itchiness when their tattoo is healing. As you cannot scratch or pick the tattoo in any way, it becomes very irritating at times to manage. Using a tattoo ointment will help bring relief of the itchiness or redness.
How Often Should You Use Ointment?
It is often recommended that the number of times you are going to use a tattoo ointment or lotion depends on the size of the tattoo. If the tattoo is big and takes up a lot of area on your skin, then you should be applying it at least 2-3 times every day. If the tattoo is small, then once or twice is more than enough. Always remember that you must take a small amount of cream and apply it slowly over the tattoo.
It’s important to not over apply the tattoo ointment. It can cut the air circulation and causes more harm than good. Always be sure to clean the tattoo once before you apply the tattoo ointment. If you're interested in learning more about how to properly take care of your tattoo, check out our Tattoo Aftercare guide!
- What does tattoo ointment do? - A tattoo ointment helps to heal the tattoo by keeping it moisturized throughout the day. It also can help to prevent infection.
- What tattoo ointment to use? - When selecting a tattoo ointment, you’ll want to use a reputable brand like Inkeeze. We are tattoo enthusiasts, and have serious passion for helping other tattoo lovers. Check out our tattoo ointments!